Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's Response to Louisana Flooding compared with Bush and Katrina
(08-24-2016, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/21/politics/louisiana-governor-donald-trump-visit-helpful/

So "helpful" in the press coverage.  Not "helpful" in anything meaningful.  I'm sure the governor is smart enough to not insult anyone who helps in any small way, but let's not make this look like anything more than it was:  Photo-op.

Bologna.  The right would have accused her of a million different things if she had gone after being asked not to go.

For example:

Smirk

Other than talking to people everything else in that above paragraph is speculation based on info the Trump campaign said.  None of it, including any donation, has been verified at all.

And there is the classic defending of Trump....Clinton is somehow worse.

Classic!

Nope, if Hillary had responded first, of course I would've been pissed, but that's the game. And since this was a good thing, here you are turning it into a bad thing. Again it was not a photo op. There was no national media involved, they interviewed people after the fact. So all in all it was a good move by Trump. He played it better than the others and made them look bad. You're just pissed cause Hillary and Obama got Trumped.

(08-24-2016, 03:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And none of them are as philanthropic as they could be, point? I also find the whole "yeah, so, they're worse!" diatribe to be disgusting. If you're going to defend your man, defend him. Just because someone else may not give all they could doesn't mean shit to me. Also, do you have proof of this? We don't have his tax returns to look at, but we can see how much the Clintons give below.

Source?

Um, where are you looking? The 2015 1040 filed for the Clintons, jointly, had an AGI of $10,594,529. They donated $1,042,000 in charitable contributions. That is 9.84% of their AGI donated. 9.7% of their total income.

In the end, I still don't think the Clintons give enough. When people wear things that cost more than a month's salary to me, it indicates they aren't doing enough. But I'm a bit harsh on those living a life of luxury while there is so much need in the world.

Get over it, it's politics, Dino's conversations are completely one sided and lately some are very poor attempts to make Trump look bad. So yes, when anyone posts something stupid, I will point out the hypocrisy from the other side.

Hillary's FB page is calling on everyone else to donate.
She talks about the plight of the people in LA, and at the end asks for your $10 donation on Twitter.

And as I said, $1 Mil of that money went straight to their Foundation. $42k went elsewhere.

(08-24-2016, 05:23 PM)McC Wrote: Kinda looks like Mother Nature is doing her damnest to wipe that state off the map.  Such is life below seal level, I guess.

Too bad it didn't hit Washington DC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama's Response to Louisana Flooding compared with Bush and Katrina - Mike M (the other one) - 08-24-2016, 08:06 PM