Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time we moved on from Hill
(08-24-2016, 11:05 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I think i've seen enough of this guy to not trust him.

We'd roll with Burkhead and Bernard in two RB shotgun sets and be just as potent as before.

There's been a stench on Hill since that playoff fumble. If you don't know to not fight for the first down in that situation, when will you?

Not to mention the streaks of unprofessionalism we've seen from Hill (looking at you Arizona).

Then again, it could be possible that he's taken the more stoic approach that the Bengals prefers to heart. But even then, I don't think our O-Line compliments what he can bring as a RB to this team. Burkhead is better suited for that.

I see surprising threads often enough, but this one is up around some of those trade threads where we get a mint for McCarron and who needs a decent backup QB anyways?

Why would we cut loose our best RB?

Every player makes mistakes, but the ones you have to look out for are those who don't learn from them. Hill doesn't appear to be that kind of guy.

Let's just look at this from distance for a minute.

1. Hill leads the league in rushing TDs over the two seasons he's been in the league. Some will credit everyone else except Hill for this, but if that were the case Bernard would be leading the league and he hasn't come close even once in the 3 years he's been here.
2. Hill is a good inside power runner. Yes, he had a down year last year, but his rookie year showed that he can do it and do it well. I don't see any reason he can't do it again.
3. He doesn't have an attitude problem, he hasn't been getting into trouble. No suspensions for failing or missing drug tests. When you see frustration on his face it's about his play, not his team mates. That's a good sign. When a player's play is down and he's frustrated with his team mates, well that's a whole other issue that is a problem and we aren't seeing that out of Hill at all. At least not that I've seen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's time we moved on from Hill - BengalChris - 08-25-2016, 10:35 AM