Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michele Bachmann: I'm advising Trump on foreign policy
(08-24-2016, 10:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sometimes you are just too easy Phil.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/14/president-obamas-remarks-after-national-security-council-meeting-on-islamic-state/

Since before I was president, I've been clear about how extremist groups have perverted Islam to justify terrorism. As president, I have called on our Muslim friends and allies at home and around the world to work with us to reject this twisted interpretation of one of the world's great religions.

There has not been a moment in my seven and a half years as president where we have not able to pursue a strategy because we didn't use the label "radical Islam." Not once has an adviser of mine said, "Man, if we really use that phrase, we're going to turn this whole thing around." Not once.

So if someone seriously thinks that we don't know who we're fighting, if there is anyone out there who thinks we're confused about who our enemies are -- that would come as a surprise to the thousands of terrorists who we've taken off the battlefield.

You know nothing about what is really happening.  Instead you just close your eyes and gulp down whatever right-wing propaganda  os fed to you.  It is almost like you do not even want to know the truth.

And as if we didn't already have enough proof that you have horrible reading comprehension skills, you continue to add to the plethora of evidence.

Ahem:

(08-24-2016, 12:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I HAVE heard him talk about Islam though and usually it's to defend it as a whole.

usually, adverb, meaning under normal conditions, generally, habitually, BUT NOT ALWAYS

I'm laughing because take your last statement and that is YOU when it comes to Hillary Clinton.

For the record:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/said-obama-vs-bush-islam/
Quote:The problem for this White House can be that President Obama sometimes seems to be reacting to critics and winds up coming across as defensive, passive or even politically correct, irking even some Democrats. His lack of definitiveness can leave room for others to more succinctly capture a message that’s more easily translated. The irony, by the way, in President Obama’s attempt not to inflame Muslims in the United States is that many in Muslim communities are upset with the administration’s initiatives to more closely monitor and work with leaders in those communities to identify potential extremism in this country.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/01/17/dem_congresswoman_obama_refuses_to_recognize_radical_islam_is_our_enemy.html
Quote:REP. TULSI GABBARD (D-HI), IRAQ WAR VETERAN: Well, it sickens me, Wolf, you know. Like so many other people who I served with and service members who served both in Iraq and in other places, unfortunately, we lost friends there who paid that ultimate price.
Quote:And what is so frustrating now as we look at the situation there, our administration refuses to recognize who our enemy is. And unless and until that happens, then it's impossible to come up with a strategy to defeat that enemy. 

We have to recognize that this is about radical Islam.

I guess the fine folks at PBS and Democrat Representative Gabbard must also be gulping down that right-wing propaganda that's force fed to them, too?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michele Bachmann: I'm advising Trump on foreign policy - PhilHos - 08-25-2016, 11:38 AM