Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump Jacked Up His Campaign’s Trump Tower Rent Once Somebody Else Was Paying
(08-25-2016, 09:35 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: People rail about lobbyists all the time....but they'll defend the Clinton foundation.   And they rail about rich people...but crickets how the Clintons became worth north of 9 figures thanks to politics.

Nothing to see here, move along.

I rail against lobbyists because the money goes into "campaign funds" or directly into the pockets of the politician, or involves personal favors. Granted, I don't know the books of the Clinton Foundation inside and out, but form the 990s I have seen the Clintons aren't going to be making a ton of money off donations made to the foundation. I think they will need to take a hard look at their foundation because there is some shady looking stuff, but I don't know any charitable organization that won't be meeting with big name donors to try to keep them giving. A lot of the stuff about the Clinton Foundation is circumstantial as hell, and they need to work on that image, but I haven't seen anything in the way of evidence of something out of the norm.

As for my rich people rant, I don't go off on that around here because, well, it would result in lots of discussions that would not change anyone's mind. I don't want to force them to do anything, but I just find those with lots of money living a lifestyle of luxury repulsive when there is so much need in the world.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump Jacked Up His Campaign’s Trump Tower Rent Once Somebody Else Was Paying - Belsnickel - 08-25-2016, 12:08 PM