Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green will miss TNF vs. Dolphins if child is born
(08-26-2016, 01:48 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I thought we were speaking relative to other life events.  I mean comparing a single event, even one that is worthy of missing work for, to near two decades of experiences is similar to someone griping that the cable is too expensive and you reminding them that a 4 bedroom house costs, on average, 220k.

You said you didn't understand why some made a big deal about being there for child birth.  I'm just asking if there are really that many events one typically has that are more monumental.  ie Wedding, funeral, graduation, etc. 

Whether you want to see it, remember it, talk about it, I don't think any of it changes the fact that it's a pretty big deal.  And even if the husband or father doesn't put much stock in it you'd still think most would want to be there for their old lady.  Right?  I mean, even if you want no part of cutting the cord or see it everything that is the wonder of choldbirth, most still won't the girl there going through it alone.

I guess I'm on the other side.  I think it's weird when the father puts work above family.  If I'm that guy's employer, friend, whatever.  And I know that he's planning on being out/away during that event I'm asking what the hell he is thinking and tell him to quit being a weirdo and to get to the ***** hospital.

I should've been clearer.

Not the 18 years per se, but the major points in development during your kids' childhood. As long as you're there for that, (probably when things matter most) I don't see the issue.

But like I said. It's a subjective thing so I don't look down on people for placing a ton of value on it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green will miss TNF vs. Dolphins if child is born - THE Bigzoman - 08-26-2016, 09:32 AM