Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Heroin Overdoses In 2 Days In Cinci
This is scary stuff. The scariest part being I have no idea what the answer is to solving the heroin and prescription opiate problem. What do you do to combat it? Stricter laws, decriminalize, education, more money, what do you do? Does any of it help?

Obviously, a lot of people got hooked on prescription pain meds and migrated to heroin as a cheaper alternative. That I understand the pattern of addiction. But I'll never quite get why others, who didn't make the transition, would ever try a drug like this to begin with. Prone to addiction or not, how does one decide to try heroin? That's something I can't really understand. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around and feeling sympathy for anyone dumb enough to decide that experimenting with things heroin or meth is a good idea.

Fwiw, I live over in Anderson. I've grown up in this area my whole life. What has happened to Mt. Washington is almost unbelievable. Big time heroin problem. What used to be a nice middle class neighborhood has now been destroyed by housing vouchers. All those people who used to live in government subsidized projects and high rises have now migrated to smaller buildings around town. And being that Mt. Washington has a ton of rentals coming up Beechmont hill it's been filled up with it. There's needles all over the place and seems to be stories of people getting robbed every other day. I won't even go into that Kroger anymore, I strictly use the one in Anderson. It's a sad thing to watch a neighborhood decline so quickly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50 Heroin Overdoses In 2 Days In Cinci - Wes Mantooth - 08-26-2016, 12:27 PM