Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia school board takes transgender bathroom case to Supreme Court
This liberal gets it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/be819b11-aeae-3b4b-bd8d-17528d1910ae/ss_transgender-ruling-and.html

Quote:For me as a liberal, this presidential election campaign has been one, long nightmare. I have visions of a President Donald Trump ripping up the U.S. Constitution, instituting a religious test for prospective immigrants and tinkering with the libel laws, enabling him to sue unfriendly reporters. .... But the present occupant of the White House has sometimes played fast and loose with the rule of law, thinking himself on the side of the angels. I am indebted to a Texas judge for prying that realization out of my unconscious ...

President Barack Obama explained the bathroom mandate as an extension of civil rights to sexual minorities. His attorney general, Loretta Lynch, told a transgender group: "History is on your side."

That may well be. A court could find that the mandate is perfectly kosher. Even so, Judge O'Connor's order shows that the Obama administration took a shortcut to the future — one that is deeply troubling....

The administration based its transgender mandate on a piece of congressional legislation known as Title IX. It prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex by educational institutions receiving federal funding. When it was enacted in 1972, "sex" and "gender" were synonyms. Since then, "gender" has taken on a secondary meaning of an individual's perception of being male or female.

In defending its bathroom mandate, the administration argues that what Title IX called "sex" also encompasses what is now known as "gender." So new legislation wasn't needed to give transgender students a choice of toilet facilities, locker rooms and showers. They were just "interpreting" Title IX, the feds say.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia school board takes transgender bathroom case to Supreme Court - bfine32 - 08-26-2016, 10:48 PM