Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Heroin Overdoses In 2 Days In Cinci
(08-28-2016, 10:57 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Another wreck on the highway yesterday. Thanks to the good ole people driving around on heroin. I consider that a threat to other people. I also read an older article that was saying the majority of of people who OD and get medical attention dont end up speaking to police. So of the 100+ that ODed the last few days. Many have zero legal repercussions to fear. Does that really make sense?

The reason they don't end up speaking to police is the fear of incarceration. That is why many users don't seek help because they fear they are just going to be thrown into jail/prison because that is what our system has a history of doing. The fear of it keeps them on the street and using, and actually doing it makes them harder criminals. I'm not going to sit here and say we need to just leave them be, but maybe taking a look at the mental health care they could use that could actually help them kick an addiction. Our current corrections infrastructure doesn't rehabilitate criminals at all, so why would throwing drug addicts into the mix be any different?

As for those driving while under the influence, they should face the same consequences as a drunk driver, same for any intoxicant. I would just rather see us actually getting people to kick the stuff rather than perpetuating the problem, which is what the war on drugs has been doing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50 Heroin Overdoses In 2 Days In Cinci - Belsnickel - 08-29-2016, 09:23 AM