Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-29-2016, 09:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've never been involved in any way with a DUI.  It has not affected me one bit.

But I think it's okay to talk about the problem of drinking while driving.

I have a good job and have not wanted for much in my life.

But I think it's okay to talk about when people are taken advantage of due to greed and then told they just don't work hard enough.

Kap having lots of money is all the MORe reason for him to speak up if he thinks it is an issue.

We don't have to agree with his views but he has just as much a right to speak out on something as you or me.

Also, he is not shielded from repercussions from his employer or his fellow citizens...just from the government.

Lastly, why would anyone think forcing people to salute a flag is a good thing?  How is that freedom?

I stand quietly (occasionally sing) during the national anthem.  But if someone else wants to sit down or whatever that's up to them.  I can't imagine we would WANT to force people to salute the flag or honor the national anthem just because people died for that right.  They died for the right to be free....not to be forced to honor them.  Maybe Kap honors them in other ways.  I don't know.  But unless he's yelling death to America and planning terrorist attacks this is ridiculous.

It's hard to take him very seriously when he isn't actively seeking solutions, and using his wealth and influence to ACTUALLY make a difference.  It's kind of like BLM, after none of them showed up to help in LA during and after the floods.....it kinda takes the luster out of their "protests".  I guess they only matter when you can incite violence and plunder, loot, and pillage.....not when your people actually need a hand up.  Judging from his wardrobe, house, and cars, I'd say he's hardly oppressed.  He's just another mouthy spoiled brat.  

Now, our "dirty players" and "thugs" go to inner city schools in the Cincy area and hand out hundreds of free bicycles to under privileged kids, but not a word is said.  They make a fraction of what this tool makes.  Put up or shut up Krapernick.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-29-2016, 09:28 AM