Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Heroin Overdoses In 2 Days In Cinci
(08-29-2016, 01:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Another one of your Democratic ideas of "help the individual" instead of punishing people and "trying to help them."

Yawn

When he tries to report me, mods please realize that I'm only keeping this about the forum and his ideas on things that he has made public.  Actually, as you'll see, it's really only about this post.

Maybe you live in a sheltered world in your community with no internet access, but there has been 174 heroin overdoses in six days in Cincinnati, and that's not including the fact that there's been people killed by people who were driving and overdosing.  I'd say that's a pretty big threat to other people and not just themselves.

You can't just treat everyone like they're the victim and like everyone deserves to be pampered, which is a common theme for you because you need to start holding people accountable, which jail is about the only source of hope for that and a place that can keep drugs out of their hands.

Brad, I am using this post as an example so that all members may consider a new way of responding to posts.

We want more civil discussions in P&R (and throughout the board, for that matter). When a person uses a lot of "you" or "your" or "he" statements in a post or response (see highlights above), that centers the attention of the reader on one specific individual and their conflicts with that specific person and can be seen as an instigation.

Sometimes people make posts with these types of words and we mods usually don't say anything. That is because the context in which they are used is less inflammatory and/or they are used sparingly. In the post above, they have been used repeatedly leaving us little alternative but to say something.

I would encourage all posters to consider two alternatives: 1) Don't use words like "you", "your", "he", etc. in your postsfrequently, or 2) Don't respond to someone else if you are not able to do #1.

The alternative is to be put in the "timeout" box. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50 Heroin Overdoses In 2 Days In Cinci - Bengalzona - 08-29-2016, 01:16 PM