Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So is Alex Erickson a lock now?
(08-29-2016, 08:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think we go 7 receivers now that Peerman is out. Adding Carson or Bronson Hill to the team adds absolutely nothing to the team, so we just stock up in the area that also affects special teams.

Erickson will take Peerman's active spot, leaving the same actives for WR as we would have had we kept 6 receivers.

I don't know what Erickson can do covering special teams, but it's safe to say there isn't a second Peerman type player that is worth an active slot just for covering kicks and punts. I'm sure we could give that spot to Erickson without suffering any more than we already are without Peerman.

I really don't see us going 7 WR's for the long term.  They could always pick a RB up on waivers or sign a veteran after the deadline for guaranteed salaries is over.  They may also do the same at TE with Kroft and Eifert banged up.  

At this point, AJ, LaFell, Boyd, Tate, and Core are locks.  People don't want to hear that about Tate, but he has experience in the offense that is valuable and can play multiple roles on ST's.  You would have to think Erickson has the last spot, barring a horrid performance and a monster of a game by someone else against the Colts.  Wright doesn't seem 100% and still has PS eligibility iirc.  Alford could be stashed on IR if he's still unable to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So is Alex Erickson a lock now? - CJD - 08-29-2016, 08:01 PM
RE: So is Alex Erickson a lock now? - Whatever - 08-29-2016, 08:55 PM