Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-30-2016, 10:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh, former teammates of his have very little good to say about the guy.....and that tells me at least a little about him.  I just get irked at this, because he is disrespecting the guys and gals that have put their lives on the line.  Hell, I am about as anti government as you can get without being considered an anarchist (and read quite a few books/watched documentaries that changed my perspective on things, we won't even talk about the LSD, lol).....but even I salute the flag during the National Anthem.....my grandfathers both fought in WWII, one at Guadalcanal, the other was artillery support at Normandy.  To me, the flag and the Anthem is about honoring those people, not the damn police or some crook on Pennsylvania avenue.  Maybe he needs to read up on Pat Tillman.

No, he's either seriously misguided here, or actively seeking attention that he no longer gets since he couldn't QB Pop Warner these days.

Yeah I'm a pretty liberal guy, though I did serve in the military as did a lot of the men in my family.  My thoughts are this, if I'm CK...I'd be more worried about my role on the team.  I admit, I'm a strait white male, so I can't exactly put myself in minorities shoes.  I try to understand, but I will probably never fully understand as much I'd like to.  At any rate, I don't hate the guy for it.  Apparently he feels strongly about it.  Also that being said, I still think this is a great country, despite it's faults.  I will always stand for the anthem and put my hand over my heart. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 08-30-2016, 11:19 AM