Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NATION WITH CRUMBLING BRIDGES AND ROADS EXCITED TO BUILD GIANT WALL
(08-30-2016, 11:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no idea how many live within "driving distance" (however far that is) to the border or the skills they posses. Do you really think everyone that will be employed building such a wall already live within your prescribed distance or already posses the skills necessary. I should have mentioned something about a chance to learn a trade.

The most current data I can find has the National average unemployment pay at $294 a week that works to $7.34 and hour. That's $.10 higher than the Federal minimum wage. I say we let them keep the extra dime.

Of course, if they are employed full time then we need to take into account benefits. The cost of training will have to be figured into it as well. Relocation costs if we are bring people in from all over the country. Would there be available housing for those relocated?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: NATION WITH CRUMBLING BRIDGES AND ROADS EXCITED TO BUILD GIANT WALL - Belsnickel - 08-30-2016, 12:09 PM