Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-30-2016, 04:14 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Note:  I am not saying that EVERYONE feels this way.  I'm sure there are a ton of good people out there that are legitimately upset because they think it's disrespectful to America and its servicemen. 

Yeah, to each his own.  I've always been pretty jaded about the whole thing because my father and one of my best pals are veterans and they always seemed more annoyed by people who are so up their own arses about being patriotic than they are about the people who are ho-hum about the importance of gestures that "show support."

This just seems to be one of those cases where the outrage is being expressed to make ourselves feel better.  I need to post on facebook what a cowardly, ISIS-looking bastard hypocrite Kapernick is lest people think I'm not patriotic.  I think Kapernick is a dolt, but I've also spent the last 15 years watching a good portion of the American populace fellate itself over how hard it stands up for the Pledge of Allegiance, or how hard it claps when the latest round of recruits is ready to head off to the middle east.

I'm biased though because the people I know who are the most outraged at Kapernick's slight of America are the same ones who spent the last 8 years talking about what a communist shithole this place has become.  Patriotic, eh?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Nately120 - 08-30-2016, 08:25 PM