Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-30-2016, 08:47 PM)Beaker Wrote: Ever go to any game...football, baseball, soccer, etc...and watch how many people who are on the concourses do not stop when the national anthem is played? Or even take off their hats? This whole righteous indignation over a player's refusal to stand because it's "disrespectful" is hypocritical to say the least.

Well, I think there is a sort of "velvet rope" style distinction in that case.  If you aren't in the same area where it is being played, the rules don't come into play.  Seriously, the concourse isn't IN the stadium, or in the seating area where the whole shebang is going down so it's like you aren't subject to it.  There are a bunch of odd rules our society has, I tells ya.

So do you stop when you hear the anthem, or if it is being performed, or the flag is there and it is official, or what?  If you are walking down the street and I play the anthem on my phone do you stop and salute it or is that distant enough from the concept to be ok?  I never thought about it much, but I DID work for a baseball team and you didn't stop your job if you were standing at a gate and serving the throngs trying to get into the stadium while the anthem was playing.  Maybe MLB just wants us to disrespect the troops?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Nately120 - 08-30-2016, 09:26 PM