Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
I agree with that Wyche, and I stand for the Anthem. I think the issue is more with the Anthem then the flag or our Vets. This notion that it doesn't represent all isn't new. Many blacks know this, even those who stand and support. It's the national anthem but it wasn't meant for everyone. Certainly not African Americans, Women and other minorities. And for that people have the right to feel some kind of way about it. Hopefully they support it, but some people still have deep feelings about what it represents (and who it was meant for).

Edit: Lord, now he's a Jihadist. People say crazy things like this and get applauded, yet folks slam Kaep for sitting during anthem. Who gets to complain about this country shouldn't be dictated by race. We've heard for the past year how horrible America is and how it needs to be made great again to thunderous applause and ovations (and you can look out in the audience to see by who). Should we fear those millions of people are going to be terrorist? Should BLM be to blame for their feelings? Should they love it or try living in Africa? And why is this reaction so different? Because they aren't minorities?

Just because people have issues with America doesn't mean they are future terrorist, don't love their country, don't respect the VETS etc. Or at least if it does then it should mean that for everyone that has issues with the country. Not just some.

People give athletes too much power while ignoring those whose message reach far greater crowds/audiences. I doubt Kaep influences anyone, unlike others who has attacked Americas greatness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boomer Esiason tellin' it like it is - jj22 - 08-31-2016, 02:05 PM