Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-31-2016, 02:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: I have PLENTY of issues myself....as I stated in P'n'R, if I typed a lot of the things I say about our "government", I'd probably be on a watchlist and labeled an anarchist.  That said, I salute those who have gone before me to have those opinions.....and this is literally the most common way to do so.  

I am of a mind that this is class warfare, and we are being divided to make us easier prey.....but that's another forum, another thread.....shit like this just widens the divide and fans the flames.

My eyes sort of glazed over at some point reading the thread... saw this bolded phrase... wondered what it refers to?

I have seen many memes slamming Colin K because he is wealthy - i.e. there is one wealthy black man (tokenism, anyone?) ergo there is no oppression.  - Is that what you are talking about Wyche? - Or, maybe the "logic" is there is oppression but no wealthy man is entitled to acknowledge or complain about it, because, you know, you can't have an opinion about ANYTHING that is outside of your current personal experience. And if that is the "logic" then where do these angry chalkie bastards get off having an opinion about Colin - who is a millionaire and black and a pro athlete - and they are none of the three?

Aye carumba!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - xxlt - 08-31-2016, 05:00 PM