Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst thing Hillary ever did, and how it will hurt our nation if she is elected
(08-31-2016, 05:25 PM)McC Wrote: You mean people who donate large amounts to campaigns don't do it just because they believe in the cause?  I can just feel the wave of disillusionment wash over me.  Innocence?  Lost.

Yup.  The US campaign system is ******.  Well aware.  There was one democratic candidate that was able fundraise without being beholden to vast amounts of corporate interest.  We saw what happened to him.

(08-31-2016, 05:25 PM)xxlt Wrote: Right - this is a systemic problem, not a Clinton problem. And why do so many entrenched people hate her so much? Maybe because she might have the balls to change this system? She is OK with losing those incentives and kickbacks - perhaps? Even the slightest possibility of this system changing cares the poop out of those who want to suck that teat dry. So they fling feces.

I'm not convinced this is the case.  Her website lists the following under campaign finance reform:

Quote:
  • Overturn Citizens United—the Supreme Court case that unleashed hundreds of millions of dollars in corporate and special-interest money into U.S. elections.Hillary will appoint Supreme Court justices who will protect Americans’ right to vote over the right of billionaires to buy elections. She will also propose a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United within her first 30 days in office.
  • End secret, unaccountable money in politics. We need federal legislation to require outside groups to publicly disclose significant political spending. And until Congress acts, Hillary will sign an executive order requiring federal government contractors to do the same. She’ll also push for an SEC rule requiring publicly traded companies to disclose political spending to shareholders.
  • Amplify the voices of everyday Americans. Hillary will establish a small-donor matching system for presidential and congressional elections to give small donors greater influence.

To me, the only real solution is publicly funded elections.  Sure she talks a big game about Citizens United and secret money, but this is coming from someone that just rigged the DNC elections.  Don't get me wrong.  I would love it if she actually did something on this front.  But I just can't trust her to fix a system that she has benefitted from.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worst thing Hillary ever did, and how it will hurt our nation if she is elected - Vas Deferens - 08-31-2016, 05:48 PM