Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line has been one of the best in the league in Pass Protection
(07-05-2015, 06:09 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The average amount of time the QB holds the football has no bearing on sacks?  The Bengals were 11th in time until sack.  I wouldn't consider that the pass blocking line.  The less time the line is having to pass block the better they should be.  It's like a defensive backfield is probably going to be better if the d-line is making the QB get rid of the football faster.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

I am not sure how anyone would consider any poster stating not but once but twice how good our OL has been, but with a potential issue unresolved (line holding up on 5 or 7 step drops) nitpicking. If we run constant plays calling for mostly 3 steps drops, then maybe we do it because the OC has concerns with the line holding up on 5 and 7 step drops.

If so, that is not nitpicking, it is a potential problem being hidden by play calling.

But as I stated, we don't do very many 5 and 7 steps drops for me to determine if it is an issue or not. Thus, why I used the word potential.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line has been one of the best in the league in Pass Protection - Luvnit2 - 07-06-2015, 12:39 PM