Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the backup QB really matter?
(09-01-2016, 08:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: First, 50 Post rule...

Second, the Bengals and Pats can't meet in the Super Bowl as they are still in the same conference.

Third, The backup QB might be able to keep you in a race long enough for your team to make the playoffs and get your starter back, or simply plays above and beyond (Kurt Warner) and wins it all.  It is a team game.

Fourth, if you work for the Broncos, Cowboys, or Vikings, don't come with less than a first round pick.  LMAO

He's been a member for a year so I think that qualifies under 50 post rule. And I don't think he was saying the patriots, I think he was just saying McCarron won't beat a top level or super bowl caliber QB

As to the point of the post, yes and no. You're right if Andy goes down for the season it's over. If he goes down for 4 weeks or so mccarron could take the team 2-2 or 3-1 depending on who the opponents are. Last year he beat the bad teams and lost to the good teams, I think most of that fell on the team who carried him like they would with any backup QB. Is mccarron one of the best backups in the league? Yes imo, would we see a huge drop off between him and another decent backup on the final record? I doubt it 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the backup QB really matter? - leonardfan40 - 09-01-2016, 08:23 AM