Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the backup QB really matter?
Honestly, I wasn't overly impressed with what McCarron did last year. He beat teams led by Blaine Gabbert and Ryan Mallet. The rest is "he almost" or excuses. 

I think McC is a very solid backup, maybe the best we've had since Kitna. That said, people talk about McC like he's some treasure we absolutely have to hang on to. I don't get that mentality.

1. Dalton's injury was very flukey and he never missed a game in 4 previous seasons. Odds are he stays healthy this year. [/b]

2. We get this year and next year. Then McC is surely gone in search of a better opportunity to start. Why not get something?

3. Let's say we traded McC now. Guys like Sanchez and Mike Vick will be available. Does anyone think guys like that wouldn't be able to do a servicable job in this offense with these weapons? Honestly that's all McCarron was last year. Serviceable. Nothing spectacular. Any half decent QB could beat the teams McCarron did.

Heck, I'd prefer the Sanchize over McCarron. More experienced and a proven winner in the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the backup QB really matter? - Shake n Blake - 09-01-2016, 09:39 AM