Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarity on IR
Many of us remember a change in March of this year to the IR rules, to where teams need not designate a player to return later...they can simply choose any of the players on IR who meet the aging requirements (8? Weeks on IR?)

But my question is around how the Bengals did their IR designations (or lack of) so far. I can't find this answer anywhere.

Last week Billings was placed on IR, and I remember a little blurb that after his placement on IR, that doing it now and not during the season basically read "his season is over, no chance he can be brought back now" or something to that effect.

Also, it appears Hobson doesn't remember the IR change as I remember reading him writing about the designation to be added to Peerman or WJIII. Maybe he misstated we can only bring back one, maybe he doesn't get it. (Sorry, no links as I can't find the reference articles).

Anyways, question is: can Billings be brought back (theoretically) after going on IR during the preseason, or did we have to wait until regular season rosters are in effect?

If no difference, why not IR Peerman and Jackson when they got hurt to allow more spots?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Clarity on IR - TGISunday - 09-04-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: Clarity on IR - Jpoore - 09-04-2016, 09:48 AM
RE: Clarity on IR - TGISunday - 09-04-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: Clarity on IR - jfkbengals - 09-04-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Clarity on IR - pally - 09-04-2016, 11:41 AM