Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep eyes on Billy Hamilton young stats
(09-03-2016, 11:06 PM)kevin Wrote: Hamilton now at 58 which ties him with Joe Morgan in 1972 or 1974.....Do I even have to ask if you remember Joe Morgan ?.....I'll remember a trade some Reds fans did not like at the time of trading Lee May, Tommy Helms and Jimmy Stewart.....but fans soon learned to appreciate getting Ed Armbrister, Denis Menke, Jack Billingham, Cesar Geronimo and Joe Morgan. .....Oh, Joe Morgan was out for Houston in 1966 when struck in the knee cap by a ball hit in batting practice by Lee May.....The first time I saw Morgan in person, it was before a game. Before National Anthem. All players on both teams in the dugouts.  Then I saw this Joe Morgan run from the dugout to center field. On his way back he stopped between first and second and did leg stretching exercises before he returned to the dugout for line-up introductions.  I would see him do this many times.  It shows how hard he worked to come back from his 1966 knee injury, and how hard he worked in general.

I read this as if Vin Scully was saying it and it was awesome. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep eyes on Billy Hamilton young stats - StoneTheCrow - 09-04-2016, 10:37 AM