Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederate Flag stuff has gone too far.
(07-06-2015, 08:18 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Who's telling him he can't do what he wants with his car?  I think he should sell it rather than deface it.  And it's a ridiculous gesture - he obviously didn't have a problem with it when he bought it.

LMAO bringing freedom into it - is freedom what pressured him to do this in the first place?  What's next, cutting out pictures of the confederate flag in all the history books?

And whether you agree or not, tv/movie memorabilia is a pretty big market.  A collector shouldn't deface a piece of nostalgia or film history

Reposting:

I believe that individuals can feel free to own, hang, wave any flag they like...even if they don't know/refuse to understand why they do it.

I *also* believe private buildings that hold events can make special requests of ticket holders: No cameras, no umbrellas, no flags from a defeated attempt to secede and overthrow the government.

And no foreign flag should be flown over US government property.  Or on the property unless its in a museum/history type setting.

But since most people don't understand what free speech means and that the flag they are waving isn't even the flag of the Confederate States I don't expect them to want to follow rules either.

All that said its like the guy who drives around up here with the "Aryan Brotherhood" sticker on his truck next to his 2nd Amendment one. I don't like it...but its nice to know where the meat-heads are at all times.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confederate Flag stuff has gone too far. - GMDino - 07-06-2015, 08:30 PM