Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People in church know bible verse...
(09-05-2016, 09:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep, no way of knowing if he was surprised they knew the verse.

No way at all.

Here's a video of the speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79OAyAc3G-M

The moment in question is at the 15 minute mark. I don't see surprise anywhere. I only see him stopped because the crowd acknowledged the verse which caused him to pause. As to his comments, many church goers know verses but don't know the reference. You can throw out a reference and many church attendees aren't going to know it until you start saying it (for example, people know the verse "Jesus wept" but most don't know it's John 11:35. So, if I said, "As it says in John 11:35..." I might be surpirsed if people knew to what I was referring). Thus, it's possible that the Don recognizes that this church knows the reference.

So, I grant you that it's possible he was surprised they knew the reference, but without reading his mind, we don't know for sure. His comments don't prove anything. It honestly sounded to me like he was pandering and pointing out how other groups aren't as "Christian" as this black church and not that he was surprised a church knew a Bible verse.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: People in church know bible verse... - PhilHos - 09-06-2016, 12:11 PM