Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something We Can All Agree On!
(09-05-2016, 10:27 PM)Gohards Wrote: Im not saying you dont have to be skilled or its a bad sport or anything. I myself also played starting at the age of 5 till i was 14. Was very fun to play. Lost interest tho for some reason. Personally if i am picking a sport to PLAY, i enjoy playing basketball more than anything.

But there is NOTHING like watching the game of football. Especially compared to baseball, games just dont seem as exciting. Theres what, 162? games? Football is one those sports when every little win counts. Hell, a missed kick can make or break a SB run.

Its alot more exciting. For instance, in baseball playoffs, alot of time the best team wins the series. In a football game, the best team doesnt necessarily win. The better team can have one unlucky night and they are sent home for the season, with no SB ring. In that one make or break game, it can also come down to one lucky play. (See 18-0 Pats vs Giants)

It is also a very technical sport. For instance, alot of people dont fully understand the game of football. From the downs, to the plays, to the play calling, positions, etc. I dated this chick for 4 years and watched bengals games with her every sunday, and to this day she still probably doesnt know what a "blitz" is.  

Am I saying baseball is a bad game? No not at all. I have still gotten goosebumps watching baseball (see JRs 500th home run on fathers day). But when it comes down to it, no team means more to me than the Bengals. I have never raged out and broke stuff in my house because of any other team. (See 2015 playof game)
Well said. I remember watching a video, can't remember if it was on YouTube or Bengals website, but the Bengals were invited to take batting practice at Great American one day.  Most of the players did decent, but there were two, I can't remember who the other one was, but one was Geno Atkins who couldn't hit the ball to safe his life! 

On the other side of the coin, it was pure joy and poetic justice to watch Dalton, not only go 2 for 2, but hit 2 home runs, one almost out of Great American Ballpark, in the softball game during the festivities before the MLB All-Star game last year, ESPECIALLY, after some of the classless fans booed him when he was introduced!! 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something We Can All Agree On! - bengalguy71 - 09-06-2016, 12:18 PM