Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President
(09-07-2016, 01:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:
Have you ever been there? Or are you just reading the media and acting like you know what you are talking about?

This is the fun part about the media, they don't always report the whole truth.

You see, he does indeed go after dealers, but evidence is required ahead of time. When they approach a dealer, they are given a chance to surrender, if they refuse and run, well, we know what happens next, they use any force necessary to bring them down.

When he names corrupt officials, same thing. They are given a chance to surrender and submit to a trial. if they resist or run instead, well that's on them.

So what is your source of knowledge other than media?

How many trials have they had so far for any alleged drug dealers or corrupt officials?  Considering how many have been killed I am sure a lot more have gone to trial, correct?

How do you explain these items

The director general of the Philippine National Police (PNP), Ronald dela Rosa, told a Senate hearing on Aug. 22 that 712 people had been killed in police operations in the seven weeks since the crackdown began, and that another 1,067 had died at the hands of vigilantes.

When he was President-elect, Duterte offered medals and cash rewards for citizens that shot dealers dead.

“Do your duty, and if in the process you kill 1,000 persons because you were doing your duty, I will protect you,” he told police officers on July 1, the day after his inauguration. 

“If you know of any addicts, go ahead and kill them yourself as getting their parents to do it would be too painful,” he was quoted as saying to another crowd that day.

"I don’t care about human rights, believe me,” he says.“

“There is no due process in my mouth,” the President [/url]said on Aug. 7.  That night, he named 159 judges, public officials, and even police officers, whom he claimed were involved in the country’s narcotics trade. He ordered that the policemen on the list be immediately dismissed, the politicians have their government-assigned security details revoked, and the judges to report to the Supreme Court within 24 hours.  In the manner of a dictator, he chose to do this on live national television, naming one high-profile individual after another without providing any evidence. 
The list itself is also full of mistakes. The country’s Chief Justice, Maria Lourdes Sereno, pointed out [url=http://www.philstar.com/news-feature/2016/08/09/1611623/full-text-chief-justice-sereno-letter-president-duterte]in an open letter to Duterte
 that only four of the seven judges named were still on the bench. One of them was dismissed in 2007, and another died eight years ago. When she instructed that nobody named should surrender unless an appropriate arrest warrant had been issued, Duterte said that she “must be joking,” and threatened to withdraw all executive support from her.

Messages In This Thread
RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - fredtoast - 09-07-2016, 02:16 PM