Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FactChecking the NBC Forum
Quote:During NBC’s Commander-In-Chief Forum, Republican nominee Donald Trump made a rather insulting comment regarding the U.S.’s military leaders. 
He claimed that, under the leadership of President Obama and Hillary Clinton, America’s generals had been “reduced to rubble” and were an embarrassment to the country.

In addition to being an insulting statement, it’s also a contradictory one. At an event in North Carolina, the GOP nominee said that he would give his generals 30 days to come up with a plan to defeat ISIS.

View image on Twitter

Quote:[/url]

Follow
[Image: foxnews-avatar_normal.png]Fox News 

@FoxNews
.@realDonaldTrump says immediately after taking office, he'll ask his generals for a plan to defeat ISIS.
11:54 AM - 7 Sep 2016

•  

•  428428 Retweets

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=773549975967903745] 1,3311,331 likes

Quote:‘We are going to convey my top generals and give them a simple instruction. They will have 30 days to submit to the Oval Office a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS. We have no choice.’

If the generals are as bad as Trump seems to believe then why is he going to rely on them to come up with a plan to defeat ISIS? Well it turns out 
Trump is planning on replacing those generals, though he gave few details as to who those replacements would be. Then again, maybe he isn’t planning on using generals at all. After all he does believe he knows more about ISIS then the generals do.

Of course this whole “30 day plan” just reveals yet another contradiction in Trump’s campaign. Why does he need a plan in 30 days when he supposedly already has a brilliant plan to defeat ISIS? He’s talked about this mysterious plan several times in the past, but has always had an excuse for not sharing it.

His first excuse was that he didn’t want to give it away to ISIS.

Quote:‘I don’t want the enemy to know what I’m doing. Unfortunately, I’ll probably have to tell at some point, but there is a method of defeating them quickly and effectively and having total victory.’

A few months later, in June of 2015, he told the Des Moines Register that he couldn’t share it due to his rivals stealing it.

Quote:‘The problem with politics is if I tell you right now, everyone else is going to say, “Wow, what a great idea.” You’re going to have 10 candidates go and use it, and they’re going to forget where it came from, which is me. But no, I have an absolute way of defeating ISIS.’

Of course the idea of a real estate developer having a secret foolproof plan to defeat an enemy like ISIS would be rather unbelievable on it’s own. The fact that Trump is now demanding a 30 day plan from his generals just proves that he never had a plan to begin with.
You can check out Trump’s entire segment at the Commander-In-Chief forum below:

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/09/07/trump-calls-legendary-military-leaders-embarrassment-to-the-country-video/
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
FactChecking the NBC Forum - GMDino - 09-08-2016, 06:54 AM
RE: FactChecking the NBC Forum - GMDino - 09-08-2016, 06:59 AM
RE: FactChecking the NBC Forum - Benton - 09-09-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: FactChecking the NBC Forum - PhilHos - 09-09-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: FactChecking the NBC Forum - GMDino - 09-09-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: FactChecking the NBC Forum - PhilHos - 09-09-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: FactChecking the NBC Forum - GMDino - 09-09-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: FactChecking the NBC Forum - GMDino - 09-10-2016, 08:30 AM
RE: FactChecking the NBC Forum - GMDino - 09-11-2016, 08:38 AM
RE: FactChecking the NBC Forum - fredtoast - 09-11-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: FactChecking the NBC Forum - Rotobeast - 09-10-2016, 10:54 AM