Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm so ***** sick of Boomer Esiason
(09-06-2016, 04:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In a way, they're both right (Solly and Norman). Yes, the Bengals played without discipline and it was embarrassing. Yet, the Steelers are applauded for similar chippy/dirty tactics. There's definitely some hypocrisy there. The only difference between the Bengals and the Steelers is that the Steelers have been playing that way for decades and have it down to a science. The Bengals (Adam and Tez particularly) let the emotion overcome them. They're less methodical when they're playing "on the edge".

As for Boomer, I think he cares about the Bengals and wants them to win in his own way. I've seen him get excited when the Bengals are rolling. I was okay with him calling out the Bengals, but I do think he was a little too overzealous with it and I would've respected it more if he would've called out the Steelers as well. It's more than a bit ridiculous to act like it was one-sided.

Hopefully both teams reel it in some this year, but still play with fire. Unfortunately, the Steelers have no incentive to reel it in because they weren't disciplined for anything. Munchak's tiny fine was rescinded and Shazier got off scott free with a helmet-to-helmet on Gio. As for the Bengals, Tez and Pacman have still been running their mouths on twitter, so I'm not sure if they've learned anything. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Dead on.  It will always make me clench a fist when I think of that crap with Porter, Munchak, and Shazier.  The NFL succeeded in neutering Burfict as it will only take one hit that someone deems to be questionable and he will likely be gone for a season.  There would never be a similar standard held to any player on New England or pittsburgh. 

My dream is that the Bengals humiliate the steelers week 2 on their home field and they implode with stupid penalties and get destroyed by the media (that is where it becomes unrealistic) only to struggle through the season and head toward obscurity as their team sucks for a decade (or longer). 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm so ***** sick of Boomer Esiason - SHRacerX - 09-08-2016, 08:31 AM