Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Getting Disrespected Already
(09-08-2016, 09:00 AM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: Call me "whiny" all you want, but it is what it is. I understand these are fantasy stats, as I said, but we all know that it doesn't stop at fantasy. You can call it whining and say that disrespect comes on the other end of the season, etc. However, on that note, does our disrespect in the off season and the start of every other season lead to us getting disrespected by the NFL in the postseason? Am I whining if I complain about the NFL disrespecting the Bengals when it comes to last year's playoff game? Or when we talk about the suspension that was laid on Burfict compared to others that seem to play much dirtier?

Its easy to say "oh, here we go. Another whiny @$$ Bengals fan." But can you read between the lines?

Life isn't fair however, when it comes to the Media and the NFL. Neither fits the description of 'democracy', so brace yourself when it comes to being a Bengals fan. The team will continue to be criticized by some for its failures until it replaces them with blinding success. That is the lay of the land - right, wrong, or indifferent.

WTS, I'm pretty sick of hearing about it myself. Year after year, decade after decade, we say "Maybe this year is THE year". But it's probably something we're not going to hear much from outside the fan base. Unfortunately, the team has shown it can lose in a wide variety of ways over the life of the franchise. And that is what the critics thrive on - NOT the potential we see.  

One thing we're not going to do here though is call each other names, or be condescending towards each other, when opinions are expressed.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Getting Disrespected Already - wildcats forever - 09-08-2016, 09:38 AM