Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Getting Disrespected Already
(09-08-2016, 10:59 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If there is one forum where there is minimal, to absolute no bias it's fantasy sports.

Believe me when I tell you that this has nothing to do with disrespecting the Bengals or Andy Dalton, and everything to do about the numbers.  If you're letting fantasy football articles bother you you really should try to take a step back.

-We're playing on the road.
-We're playing the 11th best defense from last season.
-Andy is missing Tyler Eifert, while trying to replace both Marvin Jones and Sanu.
-We have a new OC, and our old OC was nationally regarded as better than our current one.
-The offense we're playing finished 23rd last season.  Why does that matter?  Probably unlikely this isn't going to be a shootout.
-Andy hasn't played since last November.  While he earned some more respect last year it simply isn't as fresh on the minds of non-fans.

A fantasy QB can be 24-40 for 310 yards, 3 TD's and 2 INT's, in a 42-24 loss and easily outscore a peer who was 21-25 for 200 yards and 2 TD's in a 21-0 win.  That's just how it works.  The 2nd QB had the better game, but not in fantasy.

Seriously, guys.  The thin-skinnedness (it's a word, trust me) around is like next level butthurt.
All this being said, Andy still scores more fantasy points than half of the quarterbacks listed in front of him on this list.  Not butt-hurt, just annoyed by the lack of respect towards a quarterback that was top 5 in fantasy points before his injury last season.

Again, I realize that its just fantasy and it really doesn't matter, especially to me (I don't even play fantasy football), but the point of the thread was me being sick of the disrespect that the media gives this team, and its players.  Its an ongoing pattern that you would have to be blind to miss. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Getting Disrespected Already - OnlyBengalsFanInTown - 09-08-2016, 12:02 PM