Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Getting Disrespected Already
(09-08-2016, 12:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Revis is not the player he used to be.

Look at what these WRs did to Revis and the Jets last year

Jarvis Landry........165 yards
Odell Beckham......149
Sammy Watkins.....136
Allen Hurns............122
Donte Moncrief.......122
Allen Robinson........121
DeAndre Hopkins.....118
MIchael Crabtree.....102

So is that them doing it against Revis, or doing it against Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine? Because last I checked the Bengals allowed 18 passing TDs, but I believe Adam Jones only allowed 1. It's almost like a single defensive back can't stop a team on his own or something.   Ninja

(09-08-2016, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no truth to this at all.  From what I see Marvin is no more conservative with a lead than any other NFL Coach.

Last year the Bengals were 21st in the league in percentage of pass plays when ahead in the 2nd half.  I'll bet their 45% is pretty much the league average.

I feel like you just proved my point against yourself for me. Thanks, I guess?

If you're 21st in the league, that means there's 20 coaches less conservative, right?
That also means if you're 21st, that is not pretty much league average (which would be 16th or 17th).

That's not including the fact that the Bengals were 23rd in rushing YPC. Meanwhile Tampa Bay was 2nd in YPC. The Bucs rushing with a lead is still a productive offense and not necessarily conservative. But when the Bengals are rushing with a lead, it's being conservative, because their running game is terribly inefficient. So even then not all runs are created equal.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Getting Disrespected Already - TheLeonardLeap - 09-08-2016, 01:49 PM