Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President
(09-07-2016, 10:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no clue what is going on.  Neither the crime rate nor the drug use in thre Philippines is that high.  IN fact they have much lower crime rates than the UNited States

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Philippines/United-States/Crime

Duerte is just using fear mongering to justify his murderous "cleansing".

Hahaha omg, your mistake is believing that every crime is reported.

Go live there for a while.
The people do not go to the Police because they have no idea who is and who isn't corrupt in the police (which is why D30 is so popular, he's restoring the trust in the police).

I've been to several big cities in the US and never have I seen:

knife fights in the middle of the street.

Kids run up along the side of a Jeepney and yank your jewelry off your neck/ear etc or anything else they can get their hands on that they can trade for money.

The homeless kids over there don't smoke cannibus, they sniff glue to dull the hunger pains.

This is not even including the volume of people that are homeless, I'm not talking solo crazies that are homeless by choice, I'm talking entire families (mom, dad, grandma's/grandpa's, and several kids) living/sleeping on the streets.

I have seen pick pocketing in big crowds. Kids are always hanging around inside/outside of the big malls looking for targets. I always wear cargo pants that have buttons/zippers on all pockets, not only that, but I carry a "fake" wallet in my back pocket (it's real cheap wallet, but the credit cards are fake and there's always a little bit of money in it) in case anyone tries to rob me, I can just give it to them and go.

hell in Manila it's hard to get more than 3-4 blocks with out someone begging (I'm white, so I'm extra targeted).

Not all people are bad though, but you definitely have to keep your guard up over there vs over here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - Mike M (the other one) - 09-09-2016, 04:17 PM