Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 10:31 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 1. I think you may have quoted the wrong guy.

2. As much as I agree that passer rating > ESPN's made up stat, how on earth can you NOT look at a QB's ability running as well as throwing? That's sort of crazy to completely disregard an entire facet of the game.

I have this strange feeling that running the ball would be a super important QB stat if our guy happened to be better at it. Let's call it a hunch.

I did not quote anyone...I started reading the OP...He stated he used ESPN' Total QBR....Do not like the stat....I do not discount the running ability or the need of it for a facet of a QB in the NFL but to weigh it so heavily as ESPN does is what i disagree with....  All of these running QB gimmicks in the NFL fade away...the defenses are too strong and fast...first it was the wildcat....now it is the read option...look what happened to Kaep last year when they caught up to it...There is a difference between a Randall Cunningham and a Colin Kaepernick....Cunningham was a QB first....Kaep is a runner first...Does that make sense?  Dalton know when to run, They have even ran the read option but it is not a staple of the playbook like it is with Kaep, Wilson and others QBs in the league..Again, just my opinion
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - spazz70 - 07-07-2015, 10:44 AM