Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 11:03 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Again, the fans come in with the "You don't have a crystal ball" argument.

The past tends to be the best predictor of the future.

I guess, as fans, some hold out a religious like hope that people get a lot better after a history of not achieving such. You're right, though, we don't know. So, why talk about anything that hasn't happened yet? Why mark down appointments on a calendar? Or have a credit rating? Why base anything off of history or reliability at all?

The above line of thinking doesn't logically hold water. It's possible, just not probable based on a sizable sample of history, that the current play of the QB position on the Bengals won't get it done - unless changes are made either by the player or to the roster. Change the people or change the people as a wise old boss once told me.

Also, I get what you're saying about D-line, etc., but in the modern NFL era the QB position is King above all position groups. Period.

I understand that and you are not wrong. I don't believe Dalton has lived up to what is needed by the team and frankly thought the team should have openly explored a trade with SD for Rivers.

But these kind of analysis don't really lead to anything when it comes to the Bengals. Marvin Lewis is too touchy feely to adapt such a system and Mike Brown wouldn't understand it from the first word.

These threads bring out the excuse makers and their illogic generally turns my stomach.

We are stuck with Dalton for another year and let's just hope that he can keep his head in the light instead of the darkness of his ass. That would be enough for this team to turn the corner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - BengalChris - 07-07-2015, 11:17 AM