Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 10:52 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Is that your way of saying that YOU are the one with absolutely nothing to refute my post? Instead of crying about me pointing our your bias, maybe try to refute it.

More crying!! I gotta cry more!!

You quoted one of my posts, just sayin'.

I could be wrong, but I think he is using passer rating but calling it QBR for whatever reason.

So your theory is something like this....NFL defenses were caught off guard by a new style of running QB, and then they figured it out...but only against SOME of the running QBs? When your QB is a guy that runs and passes, one of those shouldn't be discounted, no excuses, no explanation needed.

Should I say that the guy passing the ball shouldn't be heavily weighed because NFL defenses figured out that a QB is throwing the ball and have learned to stop some, but not all of them? That's a bit of an extreme comparison, but it would be very silly to do that, right?

So, my apologies to both of you...Here was my confusion...I did not go and confirm the statistics that he laid out

When you mention ESPN and QBR as it was quoted..."Game by game QBR as per ESPN for 2013 & 2014"

"QBR" is a made up statistical line from ESPN.... "Passer Rating" is the official stat of the NFL...Does that make sense?

No, my theory is that any gimmick type of QB play will eventually be stopped outside of passing the ball as a QB is required to do...I am 44 years old and have seen a lot of football in my life...If a running QB was the wave of the future or would have ever been a no brainer scheme over an extended period of time then QBs like Tommy Frazier, Kordell Stewart, Randle El, Tebow, Crouch, RG3, Troy Smith, Charlie Ward, Andre Ware and many, many others would have been superstars in the NFL....I almost bet that if you look at the introduction of the read option in the NFL it would coincide with the ESPN QBR in the timeline...

I am not arguing that running the ball is part of the game but to compare a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning to a Colin Kaepernick or Russell Wilson because they are better athletes makes no sense.....Let me put it this way...If several teams decided to start tossing the ball back to a WR or a RB 20 times a game and have them pass the ball would you think of this as a gimmick or a trend of the future?  Would you make a stat line for the WR or RB to enhance their "overall" rating?  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - spazz70 - 07-07-2015, 11:19 AM