Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 11:14 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: 1. I didn't make the original list, so I don't feel like looking at every other QB. and I don't see how it's "obscure" too notice that 6 of the 10 games came from 2 teams.

2. INTs. I have always said if Dalton could reduce his INTs, and keep his high production he would be elite.

The only thing that separates Andy Dalton from being an elite NFL QB is that he throws interceptions?

Fanboy confirmed.

Are you finally admitting that Russell Wilson is elite? I mean, he has matched Andy's production (which you conveniently ignored in the other thread) and he doesn't throw many INTs, so why isn't he considered elite in your eyes? Why is he "overrated" but Andy is so close to being elite? You're making yourself look like quite the hypocrite and fool here.

(07-07-2015, 11:19 AM)spazz70 Wrote: No, my theory is that any gimmick type of QB play will eventually be stopped outside of passing the ball as a QB is required to do...I am 44 years old and have seen a lot of football in my life...If a running QB was the wave of the future or would have ever been a no brainer scheme over an extended period of time then QBs like Tommy Frazier, Kordell Stewart, Randle El, Tebow, Crouch, RG3, Troy Smith, Charlie Ward, Andre Ware and many, many others would have been superstars in the NFL....I almost bet that if you look at the introduction of the read option in the NFL it would coincide with the ESPN QBR in the timeline...

I am not arguing that running the ball is part of the game but to compare a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning to a Colin Kaepernick or Russell Wilson because they are better athletes makes no sense.....Let me put it this way...If several teams decided to start tossing the ball back to a WR or a RB 20 times a game and have them pass the ball would you think of this as a gimmick or a trend of the future?  Would you make a stat line for the WR or RB to enhance their "overall" rating?  

You just named a bunch of guys that aren't very good at throwing the football. I never said that a guy that can ONLY run should be considered good, but if you have a guy that can run AND throw, you can't discount his ability to run.

Part of the reason that RW is mentioned right outside of the Brady, Manning, Rodgers discussion is because of his ability to both efficiently and effectively throw and run. Taking away either of those would be silly. That is my main point.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - djs7685 - 07-07-2015, 11:25 AM