Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 11:25 AM)djs7685 Wrote: You just named a bunch of guys that aren't very good at throwing the football. I never said that a guy that can ONLY run should be considered good, but if you have a guy that can run AND throw, you can't discount his ability to run.

Part of the reason that RW is mentioned right outside of the Brady, Manning, Rodgers discussion is because of his ability to both efficiently and effectively throw and run. Taking away either of those would be silly. That is my main point.

Got ya and makes sense...Again, I am not taking away or discounting their ability...I am saying that it is weighed to heavily for a limited number of QBs in ESPNs formula...

Last year 3 QBs rushed for 100 times or more...Wilson, Kaep and Newton...the next closest was Bortles (56) because he was running for his life...I look at it this way...It is a fad, a slight trend...Not a staple of the NFL...Most QB rushing attempts over a season are because of pressure and needing to escape and make a play...They are not the designed play such as they are for the above mentioned three....So, why should they be a statistical category?  

Again, I will ask...If 3 teams started having a WR or a RB throw the ball 7 times a game (equal to 100 attempts per year) should their be a statistical category made up for those players?  If AJ Green has 1400 yards and 10 TDs receiving and Sanu has 800 yards receiving and 4 TDs and 600 yards passing and  6 TDs then who had the better year as a "Wide Receiver"??   Would Sanu be considered an "elite" WR because he had those throwing statistics?  He had as much production?

This is what it comes down to....  Read option QBS become a RB when they run...Russell was the 16th ranked rusher in the NFL last year... http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

No where in the official NFL stats does it mention rushing stats when ranking QBs... http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Again, just my opinion on the matter....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - spazz70 - 07-07-2015, 11:49 AM