Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 11:53 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: More insults/butthurt

You can have your opinion that Wilson is in that class. I'm not going to put him into that class until he proves he can play at that level, which he has not.

(07-07-2015, 11:59 AM)djs7685 Wrote: He averages just under 4,000 yards, over 27 TDs, and only 9 turnovers a year for his career. He also hasn't had an extreme down year or a high production year (aka Andy throwing 35 TDs once) to mess with the data, he plays at about the same level year in and year out.

Uhhhh...sure, he hasn't played at that level Mellow

It sounds like you're the "butthurt" one over RW being a great QB.

(07-07-2015, 12:02 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I am not going to take anything away from Wilson and what he has accomplished...I will say that he landed in a very comfortable spot with one of the league's best defenses and running games...It is not hard to excel when put into a perfect situation such as he has had...I doubt that Wilson would have this success on any other team...To say that he is "elite"...My opinion?  NO...  An elite QB makes that play at the goal line in last year's SB...All of our collective heads would have exploded if that was Dalton on that last play.....

(07-07-2015, 12:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He has also been on the most talented roster bar none the last 3 years, and Dalton hasn't

Wilson has had one of the best running games in the league. Lynch averages almost 1400 yards a year. Read option QBs like Wilson needs a strong running game otherwise he will be a Kaepernick 2.0.  He's also had good receiving weapons in Golden Tate, and Percy Harvin. Not to mention the best defense / special teams in the league.

Russell Wilson is NOT an eilite passer of the football or a top 5,6,7, or 8 QB based on ability to traditionally play the position, which is still the most effective. He is an anomaly to this theory and is someone who's quarterly stats should be broken down to better understand his highs/lows and contributions. His team keeps him in games and he plays BETTER under pressure and as the season wears on***. It is unusual, but incredibly effective in this era of football. Put a top QB like Aaron Rogers, Brees, Brady, Manning, Ben, Rivers, etc. on the Seahawks and they are a better offense. But put Wilson on the Packers, for example, and they are more than likely worse off. The Seahawks are able to use Wilson perfectly.

*** AD has NOT shown to be Russell Wilson in this way. He does not tend to have high moments or high streaks like Russell Wilson does.

Due to the nature and influence of the position: With a talented team around a QB, and the Bengals have tons of talent around AD, the thought here is not for for AD to have to hit a ceiling of high level play all the time, but rather to manage risk by not playing so poorly, particularly in key moments, that it cannot be overcome by those around him. So far, AD has been unreliable compared to other, more successful QBs. He is not doing what Wilson does nor is he doing what Rivers or Rogers does. Unfortunately, so far, he is doing what Dalton does and that is being capable of high highs and too many low lows.

If Andy Dalton kept passer rating of 95 for every single game in 2013... forget yards and TDs thrown for a second... the Bengals probably go to the Superbowl in 2013. The team around him was that good, but he found a low - which was fairly predictable looking at his last 5 games before the playoffs against SD.

His ratings went like this...

(@SD) 83.6
(IND) 120.5
(@PIT) 86.4
(MIN) 136.2
(BAL) 62.2
(SD) 67 (Playoffs)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - PDub80 - 07-07-2015, 12:17 PM