Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 12:19 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I made a post about my opinions on this but you did not respond...about 10 posts up this page (3)...Would really like your feedback...You asked about QBs and the consideration of running...I answered.....I do not consider any QB that is "schemed" to run the ball on a regular basis a QB statistic...He becomes a RB at that point...even the NFL recognizes it as so....

He's still the same guy that's running the ball though. He doesn't transform into a different person when he runs or when he passes.

If you say "hey, who is a better QB, Wilson or Stafford?" I'll answer with Wilson every single time.

You don't get Wilson the QB without getting Wilson the RB too, right? He's still the same guy, and it's still silly to discount all of his abilities as a football player. It's not like he's lining up elsewhere to run. He's still playing QB, but he's running as a QB instead of passing as one. This could be a completely different conversation if he happened to be lining up at a different position consistently, but even then, he would still be the same guy doing it.

(07-07-2015, 12:21 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm not the one trying to a QB is elite though. Wilson isn't elite because he has been on the best team in the league his whole career. He hasn't had one year where he didn't amazing talent all around him.

I'm 26, I'm a licensed engineer, I have dirty blonde hair, and blue eyes. Do you want to know my dick size too, or maybe how much my house is worth? How about if I have any kids, because I really don't know what all that has to do with anything.

I don't know if Wilson is exactly at the "elite" level, but he's surely in the "great" level. Like I said earlier, let's throw semantics out the window for a second, he's in the Roethlisberger, Rivers, Romo group of QBs. Outside of Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Brady, he's somewhere between the next guy and the 10th best guy in the league without question. You really can't be a bright guy and believe otherwise. Who cares about how good his team is? How the **** does that mean HE can't be good too? Is this real life?

It has to do with the fact that I just assumed you were a little kid or a teenager because of your TD/INT/yards obsession, but now you confirmed for me that you're just dumb, not young. Thanks! I'm no old timer myself, but I've noticed over the years that most people that obsess over only 2 or 3 stats are usually extremely casual fans or very young kids that don't know much better.

I noticed that you ignored my points about Andy. Are you ready to discount Andy's 2013 season or not? He had a great team around him that year, are you okay with saying that Andy isn't good because of it? Are you ready to discredit Andy in 2015 if he plays well? It's basically a general consensus that this team is very talented this season, so no matter what, Andy can't have a good year in your opinion because of that. Unless you're just a big hypocrite, which you are, so nevermind.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - djs7685 - 07-07-2015, 12:31 PM