Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 12:03 PM)PDub80 Wrote: This is much easier to read than my <> lists. Thank you!

Yep, I looked at the team's record as well in those games. They have managed to lose games where he had a good to great rating as well.

The point I wanted to illustrate is the frequency of and how low he can get compared to other QBs that maybe are considered as good or better. That, to me, is an indicator of talent and consistency based on Bill Belichick's "Floor" theory. Andy's problem is that he manages to find too many low point games and, to me, that tilts the odds of having a game that is below a winnable "bad". Especially when there are other variables... like the pressure from playoffs.

I want to go further into this and look at how Andy performs quarterly in both good and bad games. Having a QB who is capable of being that bad that frequently is NOT going to be a reliable way to go far into a post season. This is provable through stats from other QBs with one or two anomalies.

Seems to me Dalton needs to play better against AFCN rivals.  He seems to do relatively well versus everybody else.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - WhoDeyWho - 07-07-2015, 12:39 PM