Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 12:39 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Seems to me Dalton needs to play better against AFCN rivals.  He seems to do relatively well versus everybody else.  

Call me a straight-up hater, but even with this glorious 4 year playoff run we've only won the division once and even then Baltimore and Pittsburgh didn't go 8-8 because we swept them or anything.  We play .500 ball in the division (post-2011) and we can't rely on a 9 or 10-win wild card berth every year.  Or can we?  It's worked so far, I guess.

In 2013 the Ravens and Steelers were both 8-8 but were 3-3 and 4-2 in the division, respectively. Not to deny the Bengals credit for their success against non-AFC North opponents, but the one time the Bengals won the division they got help from the Raiders, Titans, Vikings, Bills, and Bears; teams that were well below par as a whole. Our only division crown in the Dalton era was in no small part due to a lot of outside help. Again, the Bengals put themselves in a position to win with an 11-win season but our 3-3 division record just doesn't translate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - Nately120 - 07-07-2015, 12:43 PM