Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 12:31 PM)djs7685 Wrote: He's still the same guy that's running the ball though. He doesn't transform into a different person when he runs or when he passes.

If you say "hey, who is a better QB, Wilson or Stafford?" I'll answer with Wilson every single time.

You don't get Wilson the QB without getting Wilson the RB too, right? He's still the same guy, and it's still silly to discount all of his abilities as a football player. It's not like he's lining up elsewhere to run. He's still playing QB, but he's running as a QB instead of passing as one. This could be a completely different conversation if he happened to be lining up at a different position consistently, but even then, he would still be the same guy doing it.

I don't know if Wilson is exactly at the "elite" level, but he's surely in the "great" level. Like I said earlier, let's throw semantics out the window for a second, he's in the Roethlisberger, Rivers, Romo group of QBs. Outside of Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Brady, he's somewhere between the next guy and the 10th best guy in the league without question. You really can't be a bright guy and believe otherwise. Who cares about how good his team is? How the **** does that mean HE can't be good too? Is this real life?

It has to do with the fact that I just assumed you were a little kid or a teenager because of your TD/INT/yards obsession, but now you confirmed for me that you're just dumb, not young. Thanks! I'm no old timer myself, but I've noticed over the years that most people that obsess over only 2 or 3 stats are usually extremely casual fans or very young kids that don't know much better.

I noticed that you ignored my points about Andy. Are you ready to discount Andy's 2013 season or not? He had a great team around him that year, are you okay with saying that Andy isn't good because of it? Are you ready to discredit Andy in 2015 if he plays well? It's basically a general consensus that this team is very talented this season, so no matter what, Andy can't have a good year in your opinion because of that. Unless you're just a big hypocrite, which you are, so nevermind.

Like I said I'm not trying to act like Dalton is an elite QB, but you are trying to with Wilson. Roethlisberger, and Rivers are both elite QBs, and Romo is on the edge. Wilson is no where close to those guys. When Wilson can produce elite numbers consistently while he's not being spoon fed stats by his RB, and the best team in the league then I will call him elite or top tier. Dalton hasn't had even remotely close to the talent Wilson has had, and if Dalton can show that he can produce at an elite level consistently then that's the day I can argue that he's an elite QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - Brownshoe - 07-07-2015, 12:48 PM