Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 12:52 PM)spazz70 Wrote: So, you agree with this statement from the post I tried to get you to read.....

If AJ Green has 1400 yards and 10 TDs receiving and Sanu has 800 yards receiving and 4 TDs and 600 yards passing and  6 TDs then who had the better year as a "Wide Receiver"??   Would Sanu be considered an "elite" WR because he had those throwing statistics?  He had as much production?

That's a pretty big difference than a QB running the ball, isn't it?

QBs have been compiling rushing stats on a regular basis for how many years now?

If the trend does start, and there are a few WRs that regularly add a new element to their team's game that contributes in a very positive manner, then yes, I'll consider them better WRs because of that.

I won't discredit a guy like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady for not being a running QB, but I will give guys like Cam Newton and Russell Wilson a positive bump for adding an extra element that they're very good at to their game. If you find that to be ridiculous or unfair, that's on you and you may want to re-evaluate the way football is played in some cities in 2015.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - djs7685 - 07-07-2015, 01:04 PM