Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 12:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Like I said I'm not trying to act like Dalton is an elite QB, but you are trying to with Wilson. Roethlisberger, and Rivers are both elite QBs, and Romo is on the edge. 1.) Wilson is no where close to those guys. When Wilson can produce elite numbers consistently while he's not being spoon fed stats by his RB, and the best team in the league then I will call him elite or top tier. 2.) Dalton hasn't had even remotely close to the talent Wilson has had, and 3.) if Dalton can show that he can produce at an elite level consistently then that's the day I can argue that he's an elite QB.

I'm not really sure where to start with this, but here it goes:

1.) Russell Wilson posted a 95 QB rating this season.  He's posted 3 straight passing seasons of 95 or better, with two of them being over 100. 

Oh, and he just rushed for over 800 yards. (read that again)  He rushed for over 300 yards more than Cam Newton.  He averaged over SEVEN YARDS a carry.  He scored 6 times on the ground.  Like or not, being a legitimate threat in the run game has a some value for a QB.  It may not be the most important stat in determining their worth, but it can't be completely ignored either.

Lastly, he lead his team to back to back Superbowls.  He already has a ring.  I don't know how many times I hear about Andy's wins.  Not the Bengals, Andy's.  So it's only fair to value Wilson's as well, no?  He's won 11, 13, and 12 games.  He's advanced in the postseason every single year.  He has a 6-2 postseason record with TWO SUPERBOWL APPEARANCES.

I'm not sure what else you want.  26 years old, already has a ring, coming off back to back Superbowls, has a career QB rating that is over 98 (higher than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees), and lead the league in rushing yards.  Those are a lot of pretty damn good measurables. 

Do I think he's great? No.  I think we all realize he has a smaller sample size and is asked to less than some of his peers in regards to reliance of the passing game.  But do I think he's far from the Rapist, Rivers, and Romo?  No, not at all.  He definitely belongs in the top 10 QB's, and he's probably not far from pushing top 5 consideration in the near future.  And I'm sorry, but anyone who can't admit these things either has an agenda or is simply misinformed.

2.) Based on what?  Dear Lord, how much are you valuing Lynch?  Dalton's had a far superior WR corp, a better Tight End, and they share comparable OL's.  Marshawn Lynch is a good player, no doubt.  I'm just not sure he's anywhere near the level to make your statement true.  If you factor in everything on that side of the ball then I don't Dalton is lacking in weapons when compared to Wilson.

3.) And the day I bench 500 pounds will be the day I can say I benched 500 pounds.  I'm not really sure what point you were trying to make here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - Wes Mantooth - 07-07-2015, 01:23 PM