Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 02:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've never really understood the need for some to tear down other QB's.  I mean, I'm sorry, it seems some go out of their way to diminish the accomplishments of other quarterbacks.  Coincidentally, many of these people happen to be Andy's biggest supporters, and the QB's in question tend be his peers, both in age, and in that they're in that big group of QB's that fall outside the top 5.

Could it be that some feel the need to diminish these accomplishments to lift up the perception of our QB?  Perhaps they do it to convince themselves?  Because I don't really see any reason to debate the idea that Russel Wilson is a good QB, unless you're doing it with some agenda that is Andy driven.  Why?  Because it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Many of these same people love to throw out Andy's win totals when debating his worth.  Yet this category, when evaluating a player who plays the same position, seems to be thrown out the window.  Not only does Russell Wilson win, he wins more.  Not only does he win the regular season, he wins in the postseason.  For evidence looking no further than that big Superbowl ring on his finger.  So if you truly value wins, and the ability of a QB to lead a team, then you need to apply this value across the board.  It's simply not fair to pick and choose stats and apply a different criteria to fit your narrative.  If Andy's W/L numbers matter then so do Wilson's.  Period.

You sir obviously don't know how the game is played here. Wins are important when it's your QB, insignificant when it's other QB's on "great teams".

I can send you a copy of the Bengalsboard fair play rules if you don't have one. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - bengalfan74 - 07-07-2015, 03:05 PM