Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory
(07-07-2015, 03:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What a bunch of bologna.  Do you guys seriously believe some of this stuff?  I have to imagine you just kind of make it up as you go. 

First, define "elite workload".  I'm not sure what that is, but I'll take a stab on breaking down what would constitute an "elite" workload.

Number has to be having to carry a team.  An elite workload would have to start with having to put the team on your back, and more than likely do so with the detriment of your defense.

Well, here's the defensive rankings for the teams Andy been paired with:  7th, 6th, 3rd, 22nd.

Hmm, Andy sure has enjoyed some pretty good defenses.  Nothing about these numbers seems to suggest that it takes a Herculian effort to win when paired with these defensive counterpart.

Maybe by "elite workload" you simply mean putting up elite stats?  Sure, that's it, right?  Andy has been elite, therefore he has an elite workload.  But, wait.  He finished 25th in passer rating this year.  20th, 13th, 15 in 2011, 2012 and 2013.So he hasn't played elite either.  Swing and a miss.

Ok, well maybe we're just talking volume.  He has to throw a ton.  They ask him to do more.  Umm...He finished 14th in pass attempts this season.

So just so we're clear, he's been given top 7 defenses in 3 of his 4 years.  He's never posted a QB rating anywhere near elite and he ranks average in attempts.

Why is he given an elite workload again?  Could it be he is asked to a pretty typical amount, and that we can all smell the bs a mile away?  These excuses get more and more desperate by the thread.  Elite workload?  Give me a break...

First...Go back and look...My discussion has been about Wilson in general and not even really mentioned Dalton...Actualy, I do not even think I mentioned him once in this whole discussion....

Second, I agree with you...Dalton has had a great supporting cast and most on here, incuding myself have a probem with the playoffs...In the playoffs our defense is the worst or near the bottom, of the 12 teams that make the playoffs every single year...Yet, no one will lay sole blame on the defense like they do with Dalton...Or blame the amighty Zimmer on that when he was here...this team fails as a whole every single year...it is just not Dalton...it is the entire team...So to say that Dalton's miserable performances is the main reason for those losses is so totally off base...is he part to blame, of course 100%....but there is plenty of blame to go around
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the QBR Floor Theory - spazz70 - 07-07-2015, 05:29 PM