Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(07-07-2015, 02:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I didn't have any trouble readin' yo shit. To your point; wow! an 8 month old fetus could survive for a matter of hours or a couple days longer than a 6 week old fetus could. That's strong, dawg. Ninja

Like i said, i get 'the line' and what it's meant to do. I disagree with the argument of 1st trimester fetus vs newborn. They both die in short order if not cared for.

(07-07-2015, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No human baby can survive on its own. Regardless of when he or she is born. So, if your only criteria for support of abortion is survivability, then let me assure you that no human child born ever was able to survive without some kind of assistance from its parents and/or caretakers.

Thus, you'll probably redefine "survive" to being able to breathe on its own or pump its own blood. Well, guess what, most babies born prematurely require some medical assistance in order to "survive". My youngest was born a month early and required an incubator. She also had jaundice and required an UV blanket. I know of other premature babies that required ventilators as well.

And what about those that are born full term but still require assistance due to some kind of illness or birth defect? It's okay to kill them because they can't survive on their own? C'mon now.

You're both confusing fetal viability with the ability of something to survive on its own without the care of anyone else.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty - BmorePat87 - 07-07-2015, 05:58 PM