Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(07-07-2015, 05:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're both confusing fetal viability with the ability of something to survive on its own without the care of anyone else.

I'm not confusing anything. I understand that point 100%. I'm saying it's bunk and a way of making someone feel better about the decision to end a "life". Rationalization.

I mean, seriously. Who would argue that a 6 week old fetus could survive outside the womb without assistance? It would be asinine to make that claim. Who would even consider trying to find out if it could happen? No one. In the same vein, it's silly to make the comparison to a 6 week old fetus and a full term baby. If the 6 week old fetus is left alone, chances are very good that it becomes a full term baby eventually. 

It all, obviously comes down to where do you draw the line. I understand this as well and see it. I don't disagree with that. I disagree with the ratonalization that "well....it couldn't survive on it's own outside the womb." Duh. Talk about false equivalence...

Party on Wayne.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty - rfaulk34 - 07-07-2015, 06:10 PM