Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civil Lawsuit Charges Donald Trump with Soliciting Sex and Intimidating Witnesses
(09-13-2016, 12:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The thing about the Cosby thing I find fascinating are that the same feminists who say we HAVE to believe the alleged victims  are, by and large, the same ones that turn around and defend Bill Clinton. 

Ummmm, there have been more than 2 allegations against Bill.

I know you're trying to make a point to someone in particular, but there isn't a person on these forums, I believe, that wouldn't automatically believe their mom or sister or wife if told that they had been raped, no matter by whom (well, maybe unless it was by their father/brother).

The skepticism from allegations arise usually in people not close to the victim.

So, Clinton arguably exercised some bad judgement by having repeated affairs, and in the case of Lewinski you can argue that their relationship was unequal because he was president and she was an intern and this makes him guilty of something, but almost certainly not rape. Abuse of power, manipulation, sexual harassment, but not rape. I am not aware of any allegation of rape against Clinton. Allegations of affairs and womanizing? Yes. Of rape or sexual abuse? No. There is a big difference, and people react accordingly.

Cosby drugged and raped women. If he did it once it was wrong. If no one else ever said they knew it happened and he denied it was still wrong. And it was criminally wrong. The fact that he did it again and again is not what made the first time wrong, or made the first time real. The fact he raped multiple women makes him a repeat offender guilty of the crime of rape multiple times.

So, on the point of credibility of victims, it seems like you are saying everyone believes their own family members, but nobody believes the allegations of a stranger. I don't hear you endorsing this attitude, which is encouraging, but I would like to point out a few things. One, if she isn't "your" wife/mother/sister she is wife/mother/sister to someone, and maybe more men should extend the same credibility to another's family member which they would extend to their own. Two, fathers/brothers commit rapes, including (surprisingly often) rapes of family members. Just as all female victims are someone's mother/sister/wife all male perpetrators are someone's father/brother/husband. And sexual assaults and rapes outside of and within a family are, sadly, not near as uncommon as we would wish them to be. (See my earlier post for related statistics.)
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Civil Lawsuit Charges Donald Trump with Soliciting Sex and Intimidating Witnesses - xxlt - 09-13-2016, 06:01 PM